REPORT: Washington Post opinion writer: ‘Nancy Pelosi just blew it on impeachment’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
An opinion writer for the Washington Post on Tuesday joined prominent Democrats in resisting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s newly announced opposition to impeachment proceedings against President Trump, although the columnist wistfully suggested that Pelosi could still “get it right” by effectively reversing course instead of continuing to voice her opinion on the matter.
In comments published by The Washington Post Magazine on Monday, Pelosi announced, “I’m not for impeachment. … Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country.” She added: “And he’s just not worth it.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Greg Sargent, who writes about national politics, charged that Pelosi had significantly “muddled the issue” by speaking up and “declaring a personal preference on the outcome” before the numerous investigations into Trump and his orbit are concluded. Moreover, Sargent explained, Pelosi was focusing on the “wrong question.”
“It isn’t: Do you favor impeachment right now, yes or no?” Sargent wrote. “Rather, it’s: Are you ruling out impeachment hearings, or are you leaving that option open, depending on what emerges?”
Opinion: Nancy Pelosi just blew it on impeachment.
Here’s how to get it right. https://t.co/hhqsCDB2OZ
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) March 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Deaths of Ferguson activists lead some to believe something sinister is at play
- REPORT: Trump could be struck off 2020 ballots in Washington
- OpEd: Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News
- REPORT: ANOTHER state passes bill to give their Electoral College votes to popular vote winner
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway responds to her husbands tweets about President Trump
- REPORT: DML responds to Ilhan Omar after she hits back at Trump
- REPORT: Trump’s disapproval rating slides to lowest point in network poll
- VIDEO: ‘The Five’ roasts Beto O’Rourke over hand gestures
- REPORT: Mike Pompeo jokes about Trump firing him
- VIDEO: Protesters descend on Tucker Carlson’s neighborhood