REPORT: Washington Post gives Booker three ‘Pinocchios’ for claim on toy guns
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
In a fact check on presidential candidate Cory Booker’s claim that toy guns are more regulated than real firearms, the Washington Post gave him three “Pinocchios” for being misleading.
The New Jersey senator made the assertion as he touted his gun control plan, which includes federal gun licensing, an “assault weapons” ban, and universal background checks.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Nowadays, there is more regulation over toy guns than real ones. While medicine, children’s toys, and any number of other consumer products are subject to regulation by the federal government, firearms are exempt,” Booker’s campaign explained.
The Post fact-checker said gun manufacturers are subject to numerous laws and can be sued if their weapons malfunction. Gun manufacturers, however, cannot be sued if their products are used in criminal acts.
Why should toy guns be subject to more federal regulation than real ones? It’s time to change that. pic.twitter.com/pCmlGGL22Q
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) May 7, 2019
Former Parkland student David Hogg also repeated the claim:
Toy guns are more regelated for safety than actual guns.
We need to
Put 👏guns 👏under 👏the 👏consumer 👏protection 👏 act 👏
— David Hogg (@davidhogg111) May 7, 2019
We need an aggressive approach to end the epidemic of gun violence in our country. My new plan would:
✅Keep guns out of the wrong hands
✅Hold gun manufacturers accountable
✅Bring the fight to the NRAhttps://t.co/6dTQ3SGJcM
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) May 6, 2019
Assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, and bump stocks have been responsible for some of the deadliest mass shootings in our country. Let’s be clear—they are made for no other purpose than to kill people quickly and efficiently. And we need to ban them for good. pic.twitter.com/Tcrkoi6i5t
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) May 13, 2019
Analysis | Cory Booker says toy guns are more regulated than real guns. Is he right? https://t.co/qIUw16I3ro
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) May 13, 2019
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: McConnell: Trump is ‘on to something’
- VIDEO: AOC, Ilhan Omar roll out new label for President Trump
- REPORT: Does this photo prove Trump tormentor’s marriage a sham? Omar with husbands
- VIDEO: Elijah Cummings goes ballistic at DHS head during hearing
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton slams Trump rally: ‘The time has come again’
- BREAKING: Senator hospitalized after fall
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy: ‘Nobody cares what Congress does … ‘
- REPORT: New hashtag for Ilhan Omar starts trending after crowd at Trump rally chants ‘Send her back’
- REPORT: How Ilhan Omar tried to shut down rumors she married her BROTHER
- VIDEO: Pro-impeachment Dem walks off live CNN interview: ‘I have to run’