REPORT: Warren gives snarky statement about Trump’s census citizenship question announcement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) took aim at President Trump on Thursday after he announced that he was dropping his administration’s effort to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census, accusing him of trying to incite hatred and inflame racial tensions by initially seeking to compile citizenship data on millions of Americans.
Warren’s remarks at a presidential town hall hosted by the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) came hours after Trump reversed course, backtracking on previous efforts this week to push forward with including the question after the Supreme Court blocked the move.
The article goes on to state the following:
Asked about her reaction to Trump’s decision on Thursday, Warren initially feigned amazement.
“Wow, he’s going to follow the law?” Warren quipped.
“This is not about trying to find out real information about citizenship and non-citizenship in America,” she continued. “This is just about trying to stir up more hate. To try to get some more people excited.”
.@ewarren “This is about trying to stir up more hate,” Warren said about Trump’s announcement on trying to find who out who is a citizen through the Commerce Dept. despite not asking it on the census. She said @realDonaldTrump‘s message to those struggling is to blame “them”
— Mica Soellner (@micasoellner) July 11, 2019
Elizabeth Warren reacts to Donald Trump’s plan to back down on the citizenship question on the Census: “Wow. He’s gonna follow the law?”@LULAC crowd laughs and applauds.
— Sahil Kapur (@sahilkapur) July 11, 2019
Elizabeth Warren, at LULAC, response to President Trump’s announcement that he will not seek executive action to place citizenship question on Census: “Wow, he’s going to follow the law?”
— Vaughn Hillyard (@VaughnHillyard) July 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant