REPORT: Virginia Democratic Party turns on Fairfax, demands resignation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONTIMES.COM:
The Virginia Democratic Party added its voice Saturday to the chorus calling for Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax to resign, saying he’s lost the party’s confidence.
Party Chair Susan Swecker said that the claims of rape lodged against the lieutenant governor are “credible,” and while he has the presumption of innocence, he should fight the allegations as a private citizen.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The lieutenant governor no longer has our confidence or support. He must resign,” she said in a statement Saturday morning, a day after a second accuser came forward to describe a decades-old rape while she and Mr. Fairfax attended Duke University.
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONTIMES.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONTIMES.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff just loses it while describing MASSIVE drug trafficking bust
- VIDEO: ‘Bombshell’ report on James Comey coming in two weeks, attorney says
- BREAKING: Twitter CEO called Rep. Ilhan Omar about Trump’s 911 tweet
- POLL: In a 2020 matchup, who would win: Trump or Biden?
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez suffers social media gaffe by criticizing photo of ‘GOP’ politician who is actually a Democrat
- BREAKING: Boston-area judge charged with helping undocumented immigrant elude ICE
- VIDEO: Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh is nowhere to be found, amid FBI raids
- REPORT: First woman elected to lead Dallas County GOP dies unexpectedly at 47
- BREAKING: Outrage erupts over $2M bill from North Korea for Otto Warmbier’s care
- REPORT: FBI, IRS agents search Baltimore Mayor’s homes, City Hall