REPORT: Virginia Democratic Party turns on Fairfax, demands resignation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONTIMES.COM:
The Virginia Democratic Party added its voice Saturday to the chorus calling for Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax to resign, saying he’s lost the party’s confidence.
Party Chair Susan Swecker said that the claims of rape lodged against the lieutenant governor are “credible,” and while he has the presumption of innocence, he should fight the allegations as a private citizen.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The lieutenant governor no longer has our confidence or support. He must resign,” she said in a statement Saturday morning, a day after a second accuser came forward to describe a decades-old rape while she and Mr. Fairfax attended Duke University.
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONTIMES.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONTIMES.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Former Kirsten Gillibrand staffers want senator to quit presidential campaign
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Mocks Republicans For ‘Losing Their Minds’
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: DOJ Makes Stunning Revelation About Federal Arrests of Non-U.S. Citizens in 2018
- REPORT: Harris Campaign Brought in Crowd to ‘Boost’ Cheering During Speech
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: Three ship commanders fired in two days, raising questions about Navy’s ‘zero-error tolerance’ culture
- BREAKING: Republican announces plan to primary challenge Trump
- OpEd: Ocasio-Cortez has yet another bad idea that makes no sense