REPORT: Veteran Dead for Four Days Found in California Assisted Living Home
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
The Department of Veterans Affairs pulled all residents from an assisted living home in Van Nuys, California, after finding a veteran who had been dead for four days. The incident followed several complaints of mistreatment in the region.
A VA social worker visited the Van Nuys assisted living home and found a veteran who died four days earlier, according to a Department of Veterans Affairs investigation reported by Military.com. The investigation also detailed abuses of veterans including a 100-year-old diagnosed with sepsis. The California Villa home denied prescribed antibiotics because they were “not covered by Medicare.” The patient had to be hospitalized a second time due to the error.
The article goes on to state the following:
The report cited a double dose of medication to another veteran. A third person was denied prescription drugs and charged him $5 per meal because he preferred to eat in his room, the article states.
“I am shocked that such lax oversight of facilities providing critical care for vulnerable veterans ever occurred,” Special Counsel Henry J. Kerner wrote in a letter Thursday to the White House.
VA Cuts Off Assisted Living Home After Finding Veteran Dead for 4 Days https://t.co/OLeOqP1w97
— Military.com (@Militarydotcom) August 12, 2019
This is terrible. https://t.co/y1IBlVyv3B
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Tlaib’s response to bombing death of 17-yr-old Israeli girl sparks outrage
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- REPORT: White House is irritated over Nikki Haley’s mysterious tweet
- REPORT: One Of Kavanaugh’s High School Classmates Is Suing HuffPost For ‘Fabricated’ Reporting
- REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment
- VIDEO: Pro-Trump Ms. Nevada has been stripped of her crown
- REPORT: NFL player found dead along with wife, son sought by police