REPORT: US sending more troops to Poland
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Military Times:
WASHINGTON — The U.S. is expected to announce Wednesday that it will send about 1,000 additional troops and a squadron of Reaper drones to Poland to beef up the nation’s ability to defend itself amid worries about Russian military activity, U.S. officials said.
The final details were still under discussion Tuesday, but the decision to expand America’s military presence in Poland comes after months of lobbying by Polish leaders who had hoped for a U.S. base in their country.
The article goes on to state the following:
Officials said Tuesday that the preliminary agreement avoids any permanent U.S. base or presence in the country and sticks instead to a rotational force. There are currently about 4,500 U.S. troops that routinely rotate in and out of Poland.
— Slem (@slem63) June 11, 2019
— Defense One (@DefenseOne) June 11, 2019
— NEWS102.3 KRMG 🎙 📻 🎧 (@KRMGtulsa) June 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Military Times. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting Military Times
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: State Department concludes Clinton email review, finds HUNDREDS of security violations
- REPORT: Justice becomes first to break new two-minute rule as Supreme Court hears immigration case
- REPORT: Chick-fil-A closing after backlash over donations to Christian organizations
- VIDEO: Pelosi: ‘The Voters Are Not Going to Decide’
- REPORT: Democrat-Controlled House Passed Bill with ‘Quid Pro Quo’ on Election Interference
- REPORT: Mitch McConnell warns Republicans in private meeting about Trump’s impeachment trial
- REPORT: Here’s What Senate Republicans Are Saying About Impeachment
- VIDEO: Mark Zuckerberg responds to Kamala Harris call for Trump’s social media to be shut down
- VIDEO: Megyn Kelly appearance on Fox News caused viewership to skyrocket to millions
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?