REPORT: US Border Patrol chief to quit this month
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
National Border Patrol Chief Carla Provost, one of President Trump’s longest-serving senior aides, will step down from her post this month, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials said.
Provost planned to retire in December from the 21,000-person organization, but the 24-year Border Patrol employee was forced to put her plans on hold due to infighting at CBP over whether a white or nonwhite person should replace her and what message the race of the new chief would send.
The article goes on to state the following:
Provost, 50, is the first woman to lead the 95-year-old federal law enforcement agency and has been in the role two and a half years. She was acting chief from mid-2017 through August 2018, when she was made permanent chief.
The report states that Rodney Scott, a 27-year veteran with the Border Patrol, will take over the role upon Provost’s departure.
Border Wall System update:
▫️ 101 miles completed
▫️ 133 miles under construction
▫️ 342 miles in pre-construction pic.twitter.com/5uVLthMXlc
— USBPChief (@USBPChief) January 13, 2020
The first woman to lead @CBP is quitting.
Her original departure was put on hold due to infighting at CBP over whether a white or nonwhite person should replace her.https://t.co/febO29dPM8
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) January 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- Gowdy comments on possible Bolton testimony: ‘Why’
- VIDEO: Why Ted Cruz should be leading Senate impeachment trial
- VIDEO: GOP senator calls CNN reporter a ‘liberal hack’ when asked about Parnas materials
- BREAKING: Senate gives major win to Trump, passes USMCA in sweeping vote, Schumer and Sanders reveal why they voted ‘no’
- TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Pelosi’s announcement on impeachment managers
- REPORT: Pelosi posts record fundraising haul for 2019
- REPORT: Artist paints Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, AOC, other women as battered in campaign against domestic violence [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: DOJ investigating leaks on Russian document that influenced how Comey handled Clinton emails
- REPORT: MSNBC Host Accuses CNN Of Bringing On Liars, Supporting Trump