REPORT: University’s ‘ambitious’ plan to fight climate change includes banning THIS food
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
London’s Goldsmiths University is banning all beef products on campus to combat climate change.
The university announced the new policy on Monday as one of many green policies and initiatives that will be enacted at the start of the 2019 fall semester. The school aims to be carbon-neutral by 2025.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The growing global call for organisations to take seriously their responsibilities for halting climate change is impossible to ignore. Though I have only just arrived at Goldsmiths, it is immediately obvious that our staff and students care passionately about the future of our environment and that they are determined to help deliver the step change we need to cut our carbon footprint drastically and as quickly as possible,” said professor Frances Corner, the university’s warden.
Professor Frances Corner announced the following “major measures to help achieve this ambitious goal,” according to their website:
- Removing all beef products from sale from campus food outlets by the start of the 2019 academic year;
- Introducing an additional 10p levy on bottled water and single use plastic cups to discourage use, with the proceeds directed into a green student initiative fund;
- Installing significantly more solar panels across Goldsmiths’ campus in New Cross;
- Switching to a 100% clean energy supplier as soon as practicable;
- Continuing investment in Goldsmiths’ allotment area and identifying other areas where planting could help absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere;
- Reviewing how all Goldsmiths students can access curriculum options which investigate the subject of climate change and the role of individuals and organisations in reducing carbon emissions.
Goldsmiths University unveils a new plan to combat climate change;
– Ban selling beef on campus
– Introduce a small levy on plastic bottles and single-use plastics
– Become carbon neutral by 2025https://t.co/CadlCTsLTK
— Unearthed (@UE) August 13, 2019
— CNN (@CNN) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Mocks Republicans For ‘Losing Their Minds’
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Former Kirsten Gillibrand staffers want senator to quit presidential campaign
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- BREAKING: Republican announces plan to primary challenge Trump
- REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment
- REPORT: Three ship commanders fired in two days, raising questions about Navy’s ‘zero-error tolerance’ culture
- REPORT: AOC takes heat from Heartland conservatives over her mocking video about Electoral College