REPORT: UK requires hero who was stabbed on London Bridge in 2017 to undergo ‘deradicalization’ to avoid Islamophobia
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
English authorities placed the man who fended off terrorists during the 2017 attack on London Bridge on an anti-extremist watchlist out of concern over Islamophobia.
Roy Larner, 49, was deemed a hero after he ran out of a pub to stop three Islamic terrorists after they rammed a van through a crowd of people on London Bridge in 2017, killing seven. Larner was stabbed several times while fighting the men off.
The article goes on to state the following:
Larner, who was dubbed the Lion of London Bridge for his actions, recalled the attack at the time saying, “They had these long knives and started shouting about Allah. Then it was, ‘Islam, Islam, Islam,’” Larner said. “Like an idiot I shouted back at them … I took a few steps towards them and said, ‘F— you, I’m Millwall.’”
Larner has been forced to take deradicalization courses while being supervised by authorities.
Larner once told the Sun, “They treat me like a terrorist but I’m not political at all.”
UK requires hero who was stabbed on London Bridge in 2017 to undergo ‘deradicalization’ to avoid Islamophobia https://t.co/WDlNPEkWsH
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 1, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Watch live: House Judiciary Committee to begin debate on impeachment articles
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz: IG report shows Obama admin’s stunning abuse of power
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- UPDATE: Massive gun battle erupts in New Jersey, officers shot, cops searching for 3rd gunman
- VIDEO: WATCH LIVE: DOJ inspector general testifies on surveillance of Trump campaign
- VIDEO: Biden campaign accused of deceptive editing in new anti-Trump ad
- REPORT: GOP congressman storms out of impeachment hearing after Democratic attorney calls Trump a ‘danger’
- BREAKING: Nunes makes formal demand of Schiff as part of House impeachment inquiry
- EXCLUSIVE: Cartel in the U.S.A.- Part 3: Deadly Drugs Take a Toll in Small Towns
- REPORT: Teacher asks students to set ‘price for a slave’ [PHOTO]