REPORT: U.S. senator plans ‘sanctions from hell’ to hit Turkey over Syria operation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by YAHOO.COM:
WASHINGTON, Oct 9 (Reuters) – A leading U.S. Republican senator said he plans to introduce a package of “devastating” sanctions to hit Turkey over its military operation in northeast Syria, expressing concerns over the fate of Kurds in the area.
Senator Lindsey Graham, usually a vocal ally to President Donald Trump, has repeatedly criticized Trump’s decision to withdraw U.S. troops from northeastern Syria.
The article goes on to state the following:
Graham told media outlet Axios in an interview published on Wednesday that the sanctions would strike the Turkish economy and military. He predicted the Senate could marshal the votes to override any potential presidential veto.
“Who the hell supports Erdogan over the Kurds?” Graham said in his interview with Axios. He was referring to Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, president of Turkey.
To get more information about this article, please visit YAHOO.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting YAHOO.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s Husband Shares Powerful Photo Reminding People Where Her Loyalties Lie
- BREAKING: GOP congressman who is considering Trump impeachment announces retirement [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton pulls out of women’s event after learning who else was going to speak
- EXCLUSIVE: Identity revealed of wounded veteran who Trump saluted at Texas rally [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
- REPORT: Commentator says Elijah Cummings death was God’s revenge for taking on Trump
- VIDEO: 2016 Trump GOP Challenger Comes Out for Impeachment; The Left Reacts
- REPORT: 2020 candidate defends Tulsi Gabbard after Clinton attack
- REPORT: Barbra Streisand shares VIOLENT cartoon of Pelosi and Trump
- BREAKING: Trump makes major announcement about Doral resort hosting G-7
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?