REPORT: U.S. Executive Sentenced to Prison for Role in Conspiracy to Violate Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by JUSTICE.GOV:
The owner of a Hawaii-based engineering and consulting company was sentenced to 30 months in prison yesterday for his involvement in an international bribery conspiracy, announced Assistant Attorney General Brian A. Benczkowski of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division and Special Agent in Charge Sean Kaul of the FBI’s Honolulu Field Office.
Frank James Lyon, 53, a U.S. citizen residing in Hawaii, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Susan O. Mollway of the District of Hawaii. Lyon pleaded guilty on Jan. 22 to a one-count information filed in the District of Hawaii charging him with conspiracy to violate the anti-bribery provisions of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and to commit federal program fraud.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to admissions made as part of his plea agreement, between 2006 and 2016, Lyon and his co-conspirators paid bribes to foreign officials in the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) and to Hawaii state officials in exchange for those officials’ assisting Lyon’s company in obtaining and retaining contracts valued at more than $10 million. The bribes included, among other things, cash to FSM officials and Hawaii officials, and vehicles, gifts and entertainment for FSM officials.
To get more information about this article, please visit JUSTICE.GOV. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting JUSTICE.GOV
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Illegal Convicted of Raping Dog to Death Released by Sanctuary State
- UPDATE: Trump responds to U.S. judge’s ruling on financial records
- VIDEO: Trump holds MAGA rally in Pennsylvania
- BREAKING: Cohen identified which Trump associate told him to lie, allegedly
- POLL: Is Fox News turning on President Trump?
- BREAKING: Judge upholds Dem subpoena for Trump financial records
- VIDEO: Anti-Trump actor makes odd statement about Trump winning in 2020
- VIDEO: Robert De Niro Booed During ‘F*ck Trump’ Rant
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain apologizes for BIG on-air social gaffe
- REPORT: Loretta Lynch denies telling James Comey to call Clinton email probe a ‘matter’