REPORT: Twitter apologizes after vile anti-Trump hashtag trends in Turkey
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Twitter removed the phrase “Mahvolursun Trump,” which roughly translates into “Die Trump,” after it briefly trended in Turkey Monday.
Sunday night, the White House announced it would be removing remaining U.S. forces from Syria’s northern border, a move the fulfills one of Trump’s campaign promises but also leaves the Kurds, an essential U.S. ally in fighting ISIS, vulnerable to an attack from Turkey.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This phrase should not have appeared in trends, and we’re sorry for this mistake,” a Twitter spokesperson told The Hill. “At times, we do prevent certain content from trending and we have now done so with this trend.”
Th hashtag had started trending after President Trump tweeted the following warning, threatening to “obliterate the Economy of Turkey” if they harmed the Kurds.
….the captured ISIS fighters and families. The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory. THE USA IS GREAT!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 7, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) October 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham predicts Biden’s vice presidential pick
- REPORT: Rubio fires warning shot at Twitter after it puts fact-check label on Trump tweet
- VIDEO: Kayleigh McEnany responds to reports she voted by mail 11 times
- EXCLUSIVE: Retired INS agent rips into Governor Cuomo, reveals corruption over nursing home deaths [VIDEO]
- Submit News
- REPORT: Bill Gates explains why he met with Epstein
- REPORT: Former CBS News president warns anti-Trump liberal media has gone too far
- VIDEO: Video shows altercation between looters and woman in wheelchair outside Minneapolis Target
- BREAKING: Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin subject of complaints before George Floyd’s death
- BREAKING: Minnesota governor makes announcement in response to protests over George Floyd’s death