REPORT: Trump’s impeachment defense team: Top lawyers tapped for looming trial
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Several top White House lawyers are slated to serve as the defense team in President Trump’s looming impeachment trial, Fox News has learned, as the House prepares to send the official articles to the Senate as early as Wednesday.
In a Democratic caucus meeting Tuesday morning, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi did not announce which lawmakers will be tapped as impeachment managers – who serve as prosecutors – in the case. Fox News is told a House vote on sending the two articles of impeachment to the Senate is expected Wednesday, at which point more details will emerge on Democrats’ plans.
The article goes on to state the following:
A White House official told Fox News on Tuesday that White House Counsel Pat Cipollone will take the lead on the president’s defense team in the Senate trial. The official said that Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow will also serve on the president’s defense, as well as Cipollone deputies Michael Purpura and Patrick Philbin.
NEW: Trump #impeachment #SenateTrial defense team:
– WH Counsel Pat Cipollone, who will take the lead
– Jay Sekulow @JaySekulow
– Cipollone deputies: Michael Purpura and Patrick Philbinhttps://t.co/IJ6J4OWjmr
— Brooke Singman (@brookefoxnews) January 14, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: LSU ‘Get the Gat’ video from Trump’s White House tribute goes viral — Twitter abuzz over ‘mystery woman’
- REPORT: Alan Dershowitz makes stunning statement on Trump impeachment acquittal
- VIDEO: Former Acting Attorney General weighs in on impeachment trial
- REPORT: Person who decided to release Strzok-Page texts revealed; Twitter outraged
- Swing voters are furious with Pelosi’s impeachment ‘obsession’
- VIDEO: Senate Democrat responds to possibility of testimony from Hunter Biden
- DML: The key to killing impeachment is expose the Dems!
- JUST IN: Trump given plaque to mark important border accomplishment [PICTURE]
- UPDATE: ICE subpoenas sanctuary city over illegal immigrants accused of murder
- BREAKING: Verdict reached on Chinese woman on trial for trespassing at Mar-a-Lago