REPORT: Trump urges judge to deny state’s motion to dismiss state tax return lawsuit
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump argued in a court document filed late Monday that a federal judge should deny a motion to dismiss his lawsuit challenging New York’s law that allows Congress to request his tax returns.
The New York officials argued in their motion to dismiss that the case should not be heard in federal court in Washington, D.C., and should either be dismissed or heard in federal court in New York. But Trump’s lawyers on Monday argued the New York officials’ motion should either be rejected or should not be ruled on until Congress makes a request for the president’s state tax returns.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The New York Defendants’ motion to dismiss should be denied. It is premature, meritless, and futile,” Trump’s lawyers wrote.
Trump, in his capacity as a private citizen, has filed a lawsuit in an effort to prevent House Democrats from obtaining his New York tax returns. The lawsuit names as defendants the Democratic-led House Ways and Means Committee, committee chairman Richard Neal (D-Mass.), committee chief tax counsel Andrew Grossman, New York Attorney General Letitia James and New York tax official Michael Schmidt.
CLICK HERE to read more of this report.
— The Hill (@thehill) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan breaks down Dems’ impeachment trial talking points
- TRUMP TWEETS: Mocks Bloomberg, who quickly responds
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts
- Live: Senate impeachment trial of President Trump Day 4
- REPORT: Wuhan coronavirus has spread to 9 countries, at least two US cities. New possible US cases reported
- VIDEO: Chaffetz weighs in as media heaps praise on Adam Schiff
- REPORT: Trump sets presidential record for most tweets in a day
- VIDEO: Six Teen Boys Played A Ding-Dong Ditch Prank. Minutes Later, Three Were Dead.
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump killing the Dems, and Ok, ok, ok… I read your emails!
- REPORT: Impeachment ‘Swing Vote’ Murkowski Deals Blow To Democrats’ Witness Demands