REPORT: Trump still considering an executive order to fund wall
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
Ahead of a rally Monday in El Paso, Texas, to boost support for his proposed border wall, President Trump signaled that he is still mulling an executive order to fund the barrier if congressional negotiations break down.
“President is on sound legal ground to declare a National Emergency. There have been 58 National Emergencies declared since the law was enacted in 1976, and 31 right now that are currently active, so this is hardly unprecedented,” Trump tweeted Sunday, citing Rep. Tom McClintock (R-Calif.), who has encouraged Trump to end the stalemate by using national emergency funds to build the wall.
The article goes on to state the following:
Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), the head of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, said he expected the president to act alone if Congress fails to find a compromise.
“Why should we allow a Democratic president in the White House to use executive orders and not do the same with a Republican president,” @RepMarkMeadows tells @margbrennan https://t.co/J0MVz0xO83 pic.twitter.com/atMU72jIRa
— Face The Nation (@FaceTheNation) February 10, 2019
— New York Post (@nypost) February 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: America’s First Two Muslim Congresswomen Will BOTH Be Fundraising For Hamas-Linked Organization
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain stuns Andrew McCabe on ‘The View’ with pointed question
- VIDEO: Gillibrand voices support for federal recognition of third gender
- REPORT: How the winners of New York Lottery’s biggest jackpot were able to stay anonymous
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ show takes first steps against Jussie Smollett after attack claim controversy
- BREAKING: Obama-nominated judge deals blow to Obama’s presidential library plans
- REPORT: Prosecutor recuses herself from Jussie Smollett investigation
- VIDEO: McCabe claims ‘Gang of 8’ knew of counterintelligence investigation of Trump
- VIDEO: ISIS teen wife bemoans UK’s ‘unjust’ decision to revoke her citizenship
- VIDEO: Kamala Harris gives awkward response when asked about Jussie Smollett claims