REPORT: Trump speaks with Mexican president after ambush near border region
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump on Tuesday spoke with Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador to condemn an ambush in northern Mexico that left nine U.S. citizens dead.
Trump and López Obrador discussed the incident, which is believed to have ties to organized crime in Mexico, and efforts to combat drug cartels and other criminal groups in the country.
The article goes on to state the following:
“President Trump made clear that the United States condemns these senseless acts of violence that took the lives of nine American citizens and offered Mexico assistance to ensure the perpetrators face justice,” deputy White House press secretary Hogan Gidley said in a statement.
In a Twitter post, Obrador wrote, “Through President Trump, I sent my deepest condolences to the family and friends of those who were killed on the borders of Chihuahua and Sonora. I thanked him for his willingness to support us and informed him that the institutions of the Government of Mexico act to do justice.”
A través del presidente Trump, envié mi más profundo pésame a los familiares y amigos de quienes fueron asesinados en los límites de Chihuahua y Sonora.
Le agradecí su disposición de apoyarnos y le informé que las instituciones del Gobierno de México actúan para hacer justicia. pic.twitter.com/nyls6gix86
— Andrés Manuel (@lopezobrador_) November 5, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) November 5, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan breaks down Dems’ impeachment trial talking points
- VIDEO: This kid will make history
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts
- SEKULOW: “HERE’S WHAT THE EVIDENCE SAYS” during impeachment trial break
- TRUMP TWEETS: Mocks Bloomberg, who quickly responds
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump killing the Dems, and Ok, ok, ok… I read your emails!
- Live: Senate impeachment trial of President Trump Day 4
- REPORT: China reports first death from outbreak of mystery virus
- VIDEO: Nunes: Bolton was warned about Obama holdovers
- VIDEO: Actor Jon Voight releases video statement on Trump impeachment