REPORT: Trump says he will call tech companies to WH meeting soon
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday he plans to call a meeting of executives from major social media platforms later this month.
At a meeting with conservative social media users at the White House, Trump said he would “be calling a big meeting of the companies in a week or two — they have to be here.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump said he would invite members of U.S. Congress to the meeting, and added he may also invite conservative social media users.
According to the report, the White House declined to give more details about the proposed meeting.
Trump also said he was directing his administration to “explore all regulatory and legislative solutions to protect free speech and the free speech rights of all Americans,” without elaborating.
Trump says he’ll summon social media companies for a meeting at the White House to discuss conservative grievances https://t.co/YVdzLqYVBa
— Bloomberg Politics (@bpolitics) July 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant