REPORT: Trump and RNC amass formidable war chest, new numbers announced
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
President Trump and the Republican National Committee raised more than $76 million during the first three months of the year, closing out the first quarter with a stunning $82 million in the bank for 2020 as Democratic presidential candidates jockey for position and money.
The Trump campaign raised $30.3 million, reporting $40.8 million in cash on hand to spend on the president’s 2020 reelection; the RNC raised $45.8 million, finishing the period with $41 million in its coffers. Trump’s campaign organization and the national party apparatus he oversees are closely intertwined, making their combined fundraising efforts a more accurate readout of the president’s financial strength heading into the next election.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The success of our fundraising is a testament to the continued enthusiasm and support for President Trump, his policies, and the litany of promises he has fulfilled for the American people,” RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said in a statement. “The RNC is already investing these donations into our expansive, permanent, data-driven field program to put President Trump and Republicans in prime-position for another historic election night in 2020.”
The more than one dozen Democratic candidates brought in more than the Trump campaign in total. But the eventual nominee will have a lot of catching up to do to match the president, who has the advantage of an early head start. He declared for reelection soon after being inaugurated in 2017 and has steadily been raising money ever since.
#NEW President @realDonaldTrump re-election campaign raised $30.3 million in 1st Q & has $40.8 million cash on hand. The Trump-Pence – RNC joint fundraising committees raised $76.1 million in 1st Q & has $82 million cash on hand. @VP headlines Dallas fundraiser Wed. @CBSDFW
— Jack Fink (@cbs11jack) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar claims US forces killed ‘thousands’ of Somalis in resurfaced tweet
- BREAKING: Militia leader allegedly said group was ‘training’ to kill Obama, Clinton, and Soros
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: US military reviewing rules after soldiers on American soil surrendered pistol to Mexican troops
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- OpEd: Megyn Kelly wants a comeback
- REPORT: Hiker finds cute ‘puppy,’ but gets one howl of a surprise