REPORT: Trump and RNC amass formidable war chest, new numbers announced
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
President Trump and the Republican National Committee raised more than $76 million during the first three months of the year, closing out the first quarter with a stunning $82 million in the bank for 2020 as Democratic presidential candidates jockey for position and money.
The Trump campaign raised $30.3 million, reporting $40.8 million in cash on hand to spend on the president’s 2020 reelection; the RNC raised $45.8 million, finishing the period with $41 million in its coffers. Trump’s campaign organization and the national party apparatus he oversees are closely intertwined, making their combined fundraising efforts a more accurate readout of the president’s financial strength heading into the next election.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The success of our fundraising is a testament to the continued enthusiasm and support for President Trump, his policies, and the litany of promises he has fulfilled for the American people,” RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said in a statement. “The RNC is already investing these donations into our expansive, permanent, data-driven field program to put President Trump and Republicans in prime-position for another historic election night in 2020.”
The more than one dozen Democratic candidates brought in more than the Trump campaign in total. But the eventual nominee will have a lot of catching up to do to match the president, who has the advantage of an early head start. He declared for reelection soon after being inaugurated in 2017 and has steadily been raising money ever since.
#NEW President @realDonaldTrump re-election campaign raised $30.3 million in 1st Q & has $40.8 million cash on hand. The Trump-Pence – RNC joint fundraising committees raised $76.1 million in 1st Q & has $82 million cash on hand. @VP headlines Dallas fundraiser Wed. @CBSDFW
— Jack Fink (@cbs11jack) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: The Border Wall Fight Just Got To The Supreme Court
- REPORT: Remains found in Oregon believed to be missing “Seinfeld” actor
- REPORT: No sharing: Ilhan Omar says AOC ‘squad’ is ‘trying to grab’ power from leadership
- REPORT: Magnitude 7.3 earthquake hits…
- REPORT: Presidential candidate tells House Dems to ‘f–k off’ after attack on AOC’s ally
- Pelosi slams Trump for suggesting Dem lawmakers return to their home countries, DML responds
- BREAKING: Major development in deal between Trump and Guatemala
- TWEET: Trump doubles down after telling Democratic congresswomen to ‘go back’ to their countries
- Trump Tweets Sunday Morning urging radical Dem(s) to leave US
- REPORT: New WSJ poll shows Trump vs Biden results