REPORT: Trump questions why Romney used faith as reason for impeachment vote, but split vote in half
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump took aim at Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) for invoking his Mormon faith when explaining his reason to vote to convict the president on one of two House-passed impeachment charges brought against him during the Senate trial earlier this month.
“I did absolutely nothing wrong,” Trump asserted during an interview with Geraldo Rivera released on Thursday. “Everybody knew it. Romney knew it too, by the way. You know that was a disgrace and he knew it.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump then knocked Romney for citing his religion when explaining his decision to vote to convict the president of abuse of power.
The president argued that if Romney used his faith as the reason why he voted yes on one of the articles of impeachment, why didn’t he vote the same way on the other?
“Look, I got 52-and-a-half votes out of 53. I got 52-and-a-half. I guess if it was the religion, he should have voted for the other half,” Trump said. “You know, he voted on one positively and the other negatively. He should have probably if it was just the religion, should have voted on both if you think about it,” he added.
LISTEN to the full interview below:
— The Hill (@thehill) February 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- VIDEO: Trump wants top Democrat investigated for leak of Russia briefing
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- WATCH: Amazing takedown of suspect by K9 cop
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein rerouted to hospital on way to jail
- VIDEO: Black, gay Republican blasts Jussie Smollett for hate crime hoax