REPORT: Trump pulls former US attorney Jessie Liu’s nomination for Treasury role
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
President Trump has withdrawn his nomination of Jessie Liu to serve as a top Treasury Department official, Fox News has learned.
The president’s move to withdraw Liu’s nomination comes just hours after four Justice Department lawyers quit following a move by senior leaders at the department to overrule the prosecutors’ judgment by seeking a lesser sentence for long-time Trump ally Roger Stone after he was found guilty of lying to Congress.
The article goes on to state the following:
Liu is a former U.S. Attorney for Washington, D.C., who before her nomination oversaw the prosecutions of Stone and former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn over charges of false statements to the FBI.
CNN correspondent Kaitlan Collins reported in two tweets:
Trump has withdrawn the nomination of Jessie Liu to be Treasury Department’s undersecretary for terrorism & financial crimes, three sources confirm. She headed the office that oversaw Stone’s prosecution & one source not dismissing it’s connected to drama today. W/ @LauraAJarrett
Liu was informed this afternoon that the White House was withdrawing her nomination, per a person familiar, on the same day all four prosecutors quit the Stone case after DOJ overruled their recommendation. Her confirmation hearing was scheduled for this Thursday.
— Kaitlan Collins (@kaitlancollins) February 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Top Pentagon official leaving Trump administration
- REPORT: Michelle Obama shares throwback photo of herself as part of new voter campaign
- REPORT: Assange lawyer claims Trump offered pardon in exchange for this favor
- VIDEO: Black Guns Matter founder mocks potential Bloomberg-Clinton ticket with ‘SUPER’ nickname
- UPDATE: New details about Daytona 500 driver Ryan Newman following fiery crash
- REPORT: Ex-DOJ Official Named In FISA Abuse Report Signs Petition Calling On William Barr To Resign
- First Look At Bloomberg’s Super Bowl Ad
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain gets into fiery spat with Joy Behar over Bloomberg
- VIDEO: Trump speaks out on AG Bill Barr
- REPORT: Attorney General Barr spokesperson posts statement