REPORT: Trump, Pelosi to meet on bipartisan infrastructure deal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) are planning to meet in the near future to discuss a bipartisan infrastructure package, a White House spokesperson confirmed to the Washington Examiner.
“The President and Speaker did speak last week and have agreed to meet soon to discuss working together on infrastructure,” White House Deputy press secretary Judd Deere told the publication. “The President wants a bipartisan infrastructure package that rebuilds crumbling infrastructure, invests in the projects and industries of tomorrow, and promotes permitting efficiency.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Pelosi said at a recent Democratic retreat that she thinks President Trump would be receptive to an infrastructure package of between $1 trillion and $2 trillion.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) April 14, 2019
US Speaker Nancy Pelosi says she requested a meeting with President Trump to discuss working together on an infrastructure package.https://t.co/uOmuLoG1Ju
— Al Arabiya English (@AlArabiya_Eng) April 12, 2019
Scooplet: The White House tells me that President Trump has agreed to meet with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi ‘soon’ to discuss bipartisan effort to improve infrastructure across the U.S. https://t.co/eARfb1eTyn
— Zachary Halaschak (@zhalaschak) April 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar claims US forces killed ‘thousands’ of Somalis in resurfaced tweet
- BREAKING: Militia leader allegedly said group was ‘training’ to kill Obama, Clinton, and Soros
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- FACT CHECK: Did Ilhan Omar Tweet ‘They Reap What They Sow’ During The Notre Dame Fire?
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: US military reviewing rules after soldiers on American soil surrendered pistol to Mexican troops
- TRUMP TWITTER STORM: Announcement, “PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!”, “COUP Update”, Melania’s Easter tweet and more!