REPORT: Trump formally announces details of 2nd summit with Kim Jong Un
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
President Trump announced Friday night the upcoming summit with North Korean Dictator Kim Jong Un will take place in Hanoi, Vietnam, at the end of the month. Mr. Trump confirmed he was meeting with Kim on Feb. 27 and 28 during his State of the Union address. Mr. Trump also said during histhis week he believed war would have broken out between the U.S. and North Korea had he not been elected.
“My representatives have just left North Korea after a very productive meeting and an agreed upon time and date for the second Summit with Kim Jong Un. It will take place in Hanoi, Vietnam, on February 27 & 28. I look forward to seeing Chairman Kim & advancing the cause of peace!” Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter.
The article goes on to state the following:
The high-profile meeting will be the second one between the president and North Korea’s authoritarian ruler. The two leaders met during a landmark summit in Singapore in June 2018 and agreed to flesh out details of an agreement to start the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula — a long-sought and elusive foreign policy goal of American administrations since the 1950s.
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Former Kirsten Gillibrand staffers want senator to quit presidential campaign
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Mocks Republicans For ‘Losing Their Minds’
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: Three ship commanders fired in two days, raising questions about Navy’s ‘zero-error tolerance’ culture
- REPORT: Harris Campaign Brought in Crowd to ‘Boost’ Cheering During Speech
- BREAKING: Republican announces plan to primary challenge Trump
- REPORT: DOJ Makes Stunning Revelation About Federal Arrests of Non-U.S. Citizens in 2018
- OpEd: Ocasio-Cortez has yet another bad idea that makes no sense