REPORT: Trump encounters GOP resistance to investigating Hunter Biden
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A push by President Trump and conservatives to dig in to Hunter Biden’s work in Ukraine is running into stumbling blocks from an unusual corner: congressional Republicans.
Some Republicans believe Trump’s impeachment trial or a separate Senate committee investigation could lay the groundwork for probing former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter, who have both emerged as a fixation for Trump and his top allies as they look for a foothold in the impeachment battle.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump escalated the effort on Thursday when he tweeted that the Bidens “must testify”— raising the specter that the president’s lawyers or GOP senators could try to drag them into the public impeachment trial.
“What did Hunter Biden do for the money?” @SenJohnKennedy A very good question. He and Sleepy Joe must testify!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 7, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) November 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham predicts Biden’s vice presidential pick
- REPORT: Rubio fires warning shot at Twitter after it puts fact-check label on Trump tweet
- BREAKING: Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin subject of complaints before George Floyd’s death
- VIDEO: Kayleigh McEnany responds to reports she voted by mail 11 times
- EXCLUSIVE: Retired INS agent rips into Governor Cuomo, reveals corruption over nursing home deaths [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Bill Gates explains why he met with Epstein
- REPORT: Former CBS News president warns anti-Trump liberal media has gone too far
- VIDEO: Video shows altercation between looters and woman in wheelchair outside Minneapolis Target
- BREAKING: Minnesota governor makes announcement in response to protests over George Floyd’s death
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan touts Trump ability to return strong economy post-coronavirus