REPORT: Trump encounters GOP resistance to investigating Hunter Biden
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A push by President Trump and conservatives to dig in to Hunter Biden’s work in Ukraine is running into stumbling blocks from an unusual corner: congressional Republicans.
Some Republicans believe Trump’s impeachment trial or a separate Senate committee investigation could lay the groundwork for probing former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter, who have both emerged as a fixation for Trump and his top allies as they look for a foothold in the impeachment battle.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump escalated the effort on Thursday when he tweeted that the Bidens “must testify”— raising the specter that the president’s lawyers or GOP senators could try to drag them into the public impeachment trial.
“What did Hunter Biden do for the money?” @SenJohnKennedy A very good question. He and Sleepy Joe must testify!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 7, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) November 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Spoiler Alert: Here’s what happened to Sean Spicer on ‘Dancing With the Stars’
- BREAKING: Supreme Court makes decision on lawsuit against gun manufacturer brought by Sandy Hook families
- VIDEO: Former McCain campaign manager predicts who Trump’s 2020 VP running mate will be
- OP-ED: Fox analyst says Democrats’ Trump impeachment inquiry is already in big trouble, thanks to one man
- REPORT: Colin Kaepernick gets opportunity from NFL: ‘Can’t wait to see the head coaches and GMs’
- REPORT: The Supreme Court Looks Ready To Uphold Trump’s Bid To End DACA
- VIDEO: Fox anchor blasts Mollie Hemingway for naming alleged whistleblower
- REPORT: First Member of Congress Names Alleged ‘Whistleblower’: ‘He’s Not Voldemort’
- POLL: Do you support Trump making a “deal” for DACA recipients to stay?
- REPORT: Dem congressman’s campaign has now paid over $1M to sister’s firm