REPORT: Trump critic thanks administration for efforts to combat homelessness. Trump responds
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Movie star Arnold Schwarzenegger thanked President Trump this week for his efforts to combat the homelessness crisis in California.
Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson was in Los Angeles on Friday taking part in a homelessness summit.
The article goes on to state the following:
“U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Ben Carson today visited Carmelitos Public Housing Development and announced a $20 million investment to nine public housing agencies (PHA) to help public housing families increase their earned income and become self-sufficient,” HUD said in a statement.
Schwarzenegger tweeted, “Everyone knows @realDonaldTrump & I have our disagreements. But I want to thank you for sending @SecretaryCarson to our homelessness summit. We’ll only solve this if everyone works together. This issue is bigger than all of us. Now it’s time for action.”
Everyone knows @realDonaldTrump & I have our disagreements. But I want to thank you for sending @SecretaryCarson to our homelessness summit. We’ll only solve this if everyone works together. This issue is bigger than all of us. Now it’s time for action https://t.co/gJVNs3h10f
— Arnold (@Schwarzenegger) February 14, 2020
“Thank you Arnold, very nice,” Trump replied.
Thank you Arnold, very nice. https://t.co/didAAHILFk
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 14, 2020
“HUD is committed to empowering public housing residents with new educational and economic tools to improve self-sufficiency,” said Secretary Carson. “HUD is proud to work with our local partners to help more residents find employment so that they can reach their full potential and become role models to future generations.”
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: UK’s Johnson gives update from hospital room after experiencing more coronavirus symptoms
- Submit News
- REPORT: Wells Fargo stops taking applications for Paycheck Protection Program loans
- REPORT: Japanese leader declares state of emergency as COVID-19 spreads
- BREAKING: WHO shares alarming warning on how coronavirus can spread
- TRUMP TWEET: Personal message for Dem rep who said he helped save her life
- REPORT: WHO director faces calls for resignation over handling of coronavirus, China
- BREAKING: Coronavirus death toll in USA reaches grim milestone, more fatalities than six wars combined
- REPORT: Country’s PM moved to ICU with worsening coronavirus symptoms. Secretary of state to stand-in
- REPORT: FDA to allow imports of KN95 masks from China amid PPE shortage