REPORT: Trump could be struck off 2020 ballots in Washington
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Washington’s state senate has passed a bill that would see Donald Trump’s name dropped from 2020 election ballots unless he releases five years of tax returns.
Senators approved the bill by 28 votes to 21 on Tuesday, sending it to the House of Representatives for approval.
The article goes on to state the following:
Lawyers say the move is ‘likely Constitutional’ but warned that it ‘will definitely be challenged in court’ if it passes the representatives.
Democrats who backed the bill said it was necessary to restore democratic norms after Trump broke with 40 years of tradition by refusing to release his returns.
Republican opponents say the bill is teeing the state up for an expensive legal fight while politicizing how elections are run in the state.
Trump’s name could be struck off 2020 election ballot papers in Washington unless he releases his tax returns https://t.co/9xZ4zJ233N
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) March 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- REPORT: FBI found Hillary Clinton’s emails in Obama White House, former top official says
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: Judge to block Trump administration’s rules targeting Planned Parenthood
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump
- REPORT: After Girl Held as ‘Slave’ for 16 Years in Texas, Captors Mohamed Toure and Wife get Light Sentence