REPORT: Trump could be struck off 2020 ballots in Washington
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Washington’s state senate has passed a bill that would see Donald Trump’s name dropped from 2020 election ballots unless he releases five years of tax returns.
Senators approved the bill by 28 votes to 21 on Tuesday, sending it to the House of Representatives for approval.
The article goes on to state the following:
Lawyers say the move is ‘likely Constitutional’ but warned that it ‘will definitely be challenged in court’ if it passes the representatives.
Democrats who backed the bill said it was necessary to restore democratic norms after Trump broke with 40 years of tradition by refusing to release his returns.
Republican opponents say the bill is teeing the state up for an expensive legal fight while politicizing how elections are run in the state.
Trump’s name could be struck off 2020 election ballot papers in Washington unless he releases his tax returns https://t.co/9xZ4zJ233N
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) March 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- VIDEO: McConnell: Trump is ‘on to something’
- VIDEO: AOC, Ilhan Omar roll out new label for President Trump
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- REPORT: Does this photo prove Trump tormentor’s marriage a sham? Omar with husbands
- VIDEO: Elijah Cummings goes ballistic at DHS head during hearing
- BREAKING: Senator hospitalized after fall
- REPORT: New hashtag for Ilhan Omar starts trending after crowd at Trump rally chants ‘Send her back’
- REPORT: How Ilhan Omar tried to shut down rumors she married her BROTHER