REPORT: Trump comments on homeless situation in California
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by YAHOO.COM:
President Donald Trump told reporters on Tuesday upon arriving in California that homeless individuals are ruining “our best highways and our best streets,” and some people have told him they want to leave the country over it.
The Washington Post has previously reported that the Trump administration is looking for ways the federal government can intervene and crack down on homelessness in cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco, where a lack of affordable housing has worsened the problem.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to CNN reporter Daniel Dale, Trump said, “we have people living in our… best highways, our best streets, our best entrances to buildings, where people in those buildings pay tremendous taxes, where they went to those locations because of the prestige.”
“In many cases, they came from other countries and they moved to Los Angeles or they moved to San Francisco because of the prestige of the city, and all of a sudden they have tents. Hundreds and hundreds of tents and people living at the entrance to their office building,” Trump reportedly said.
Fox News reports that the Trump administration has been studying the homeless crisis in California, and that California Gov. Gavin Newsom has asked the administration to help low-income families combat the state’s growing homeless issue (see videos below).
On homelessness, Trump said he’s spoken to foreign tenants who’ve moved to California cities for the “prestige” but now want to leave because there are homeless people on the streets — “our best streets, our best entrances to buildings.” pic.twitter.com/hhWS5Dezy9
— Daniel Dale (@ddale8) September 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit YAHOO.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting YAHOO.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- BREAKING: Senate votes on House-passed Paycheck Protection Program reform bill
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- EXCLUSIVE: Single mom, physician assistant posts blistering open letter to Gov. Cuomo [READ]
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- REPORT: Trump gives Grenell something special after he steps down
- VIDEO: Joe Biden Speaks Up About Suggestions to Abolish ICE