REPORT: Trump challenger calls out president’s ‘dangerous form of megalomania’ after states cancel primaries
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld, one of three Republicans currently challenging President Trump for the 2020 GOP presidential nomination, on Sunday denounced the president’s “dangerous form of megalomania” after multiple state Republican parties scrapped their primaries.
“The effort to stop elections — it kind of has a foreboding feel to it,” Weld told the Boston Herald. “This is a recurring theme that people don’t have any choice. That kind of sums up [Trump’s] approach — ‘Wouldn’t it be nice if we didn’t have elections?'”
The article goes on to state the following:
Weld added that the schemes hatched by Trump are symptomatic a “dangerous form of megalomania” and argued that the president was “intent on taking over everything.”
“He wants to be the only decision maker,” Weld said.
What was @realDonaldTrump thinking to invite the Taliban allies of Al Qaeda to Camp David just days before the 9/11 anniversary? Or WAS he thinking? Americans’ safety and security demands a steady hand and a level head in the White House—not foreign policy by erratic tweets.
— Gov. Bill Weld (@GovBillWeld) September 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Jenna Bush Hager Reveals Chat She Had With Dad About Alcohol That Changed How She Views Drinking
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine: Trump re-election will again be blamed on Russia
- REPORT: Impeachment jackpot: Senate GOP announces record-breaking fundraising for January
- WATCH LIVE: Trump speaks at campaign rally in Colorado Springs, massive crowd waits over 24 hours
- REPORT: Former Obama AG Eric Holder tells conservative journalist to ‘shut the hell up,’ gets pounded in return
- VIDEO: Bloomberg called out over misleading claim about 9/11 in new ad
- VIDEO: Trump Delivers Remarks to Rural Stakeholders on California Water Accessibility
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Trump goes after Klobuchar during campaign rally, she responds
- REPORT: Trump considering Doug Collins as nominee for top role, Collins responds