REPORT: Trump challenger calls out president’s ‘dangerous form of megalomania’ after states cancel primaries
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld, one of three Republicans currently challenging President Trump for the 2020 GOP presidential nomination, on Sunday denounced the president’s “dangerous form of megalomania” after multiple state Republican parties scrapped their primaries.
“The effort to stop elections — it kind of has a foreboding feel to it,” Weld told the Boston Herald. “This is a recurring theme that people don’t have any choice. That kind of sums up [Trump’s] approach — ‘Wouldn’t it be nice if we didn’t have elections?'”
The article goes on to state the following:
Weld added that the schemes hatched by Trump are symptomatic a “dangerous form of megalomania” and argued that the president was “intent on taking over everything.”
“He wants to be the only decision maker,” Weld said.
What was @realDonaldTrump thinking to invite the Taliban allies of Al Qaeda to Camp David just days before the 9/11 anniversary? Or WAS he thinking? Americans’ safety and security demands a steady hand and a level head in the White House—not foreign policy by erratic tweets.
— Gov. Bill Weld (@GovBillWeld) September 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?
- REPORT: Pelosi claims to know why multiple Republicans are retiring
- REPORT: Trooper Attacked, Left With Serious Facial Injuries After Routine Traffic Stop
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- REPORT: Even baby boomers are way behind on retirement savings
- BREAKING: Trump confirms death of Osama bin Laden’s son