REPORT: Trump campaign contacts with Moscow to be focus for Democrats
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Chairman Adam Schiff (Calif.) and other Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday are set to dig into contacts between the Trump campaign and Russia detailed in special counsel Robert Mueller’s report.
The public hearing is a somewhat rare event for the committee, which typically deals in sensitive information, and will feature former FBI officials.
The article goes on to state the following:
Schiff said Tuesday he is interested in receiving expert testimony on whether the contacts between the Trump campaign and Moscow could pose a national security threat even though they were not deemed criminal by Mueller.
“If the president was trying to make money in Russia during the campaign and concealing it, that’s a counterintelligence nightmare. If the campaign chairman was trying to make money from Russians and concealing it, that’s a counterintelligence nightmare. If others in the administration have financial entanglements driving U.S. policy, those are counterintelligence problems of the first order,” Schiff told The Hill.
“None of that is really discussed in that fashion in the report, which is basically a report about prosecutorial decisionmaking. So, we want to flesh out the counterintelligence issues,” Schiff said.
— The Hill (@thehill) June 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Boy who was slashed in the throat by mom dies while standing in lunch line at school
- BREAKING: Justice Department releases opinion in fight for Trump’s tax returns
- REPORT: Trump brings out the chopping block with executive order on ‘advisory boards’
- VIDEO: Meghan Markle appears to be corrected by Prince Harry in viral Trooping the Colour video
- REPORT: Teen goes berserk during graduation practice, stabs principal in chest
- REPORT: State Assembly votes to give driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants
- BREAKING: Judge makes decision on lawsuit from ex-Trump campaign staffer with kissing allegation
- REPORT: DOJ inspector general resolved ‘hang up’ on first Carter Page FISA application [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Official says African-American voters will ‘determine who sits in the White House’ – here’s who they support
- REPORT: Another American dies while staying at Dominican Republic resort