REPORT: When Trump authorized Soleimani’s killing revealed
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NBCNews.com:
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump authorized the killing of Iranian Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani seven months ago if Iran’s increased aggression resulted in the death of an American, according to five current and former senior administration officials.
The presidential directive in June came with the condition that Trump would have final signoff on any specific operation to kill Soleimani, officials said.
The article goes on to state the following:
That decision explains why assassinating Soleimani was on the menu of options that the military presented to Trump two weeks ago for responding to an attack by Iranian proxies in Iraq, in which a U.S. contractor was killed and four U.S. service members were wounded, the officials said.
According to the report, Trump’s national security adviser at the time, John Bolton, urged the president to retaliate by signing off on an operation to kill Soleimani after Iran shot down a U.S. drone in June. However, Trump rejected the proposal, and said he would only grant such authorization if Iran “crossed the red line” by killing an American.
NEW: President Trump authorized the killing of Iran’s Gen. Soleimani seven months ago if Iran’s increased aggression resulted in the death of an American, current and former senior administration officials say. – @carolelee @ckubeNBC https://t.co/V7kXregXlV
— NBC News (@NBCNews) January 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNews.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NBCNews.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: LSU ‘Get the Gat’ video from Trump’s White House tribute goes viral — Twitter abuzz over ‘mystery woman’
- REPORT: Alan Dershowitz makes stunning statement on Trump impeachment acquittal
- VIDEO: Former Acting Attorney General weighs in on impeachment trial
- REPORT: Person who decided to release Strzok-Page texts revealed; Twitter outraged
- Swing voters are furious with Pelosi’s impeachment ‘obsession’
- VIDEO: Senate Democrat responds to possibility of testimony from Hunter Biden
- DML: The key to killing impeachment is expose the Dems!
- JUST IN: Trump given plaque to mark important border accomplishment [PICTURE]
- UPDATE: ICE subpoenas sanctuary city over illegal immigrants accused of murder
- BREAKING: Verdict reached on Chinese woman on trial for trespassing at Mar-a-Lago