REPORT: Trump approval makes 6 point shift, according to newly released poll
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Six in 10 Americans say a recession is likely in the next year and as many are concerned about higher prices because of the trade war with China, helping to knock 6 points off President Donald Trump’s job approval rating in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll.
Trump fell from a career-high 44% approval in July to 38% now, a point off his career average, with 56% disapproving. His average rating since taking office remains the lowest on record for any modern president at a comparable point in his term, and he is the first never to have achieved majority approval.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump has slipped by a slight 5 percentage points specifically on his handling of the economy, from 51% approval in midsummer to 46% now. Fewer — 35% — approve of his handling of trade negotiations with China, and 60% are concerned that the trade dispute will raise the price of things they buy.
Ratings of the U.S. economy overall, 56% positive, are down from 65% last fall in this poll, produced for ABC by Langer Research Associates. Most ominously, 60% see a recession as very or somewhat likely in the next year. That’s within sight of the 69% who said so in November 2007, in advance of the Great Recession.
CLICK HERE to read more of this report by ABC News.
— ABC News (@ABC) September 10, 2019
TRUMP’S APPROVAL RATING FELL 6 POINTS, IS NOW 38%. IT’S HEADED TO THE LAND YONDER, AND IT WILL NEVER TO RETURN.
— Hubert Temba (@HubertTemba) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan breaks down Dems’ impeachment trial talking points
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts
- REPORT: Wuhan coronavirus has spread to 9 countries, at least two US cities. New possible US cases reported
- SEKULOW: “HERE’S WHAT THE EVIDENCE SAYS” during impeachment trial break
- TRUMP TWEETS: Mocks Bloomberg, who quickly responds
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump killing the Dems, and Ok, ok, ok… I read your emails!
- Live: Senate impeachment trial of President Trump Day 4
- REPORT: China reports first death from outbreak of mystery virus
- VIDEO: Nunes: Bolton was warned about Obama holdovers
- VIDEO: Actor Jon Voight releases video statement on Trump impeachment