REPORT: Trump administration starts returning migrants deep into Mexico [VIDEO]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The Trump administration has started returning Mexican migrants deep into the country’s interior as part of an expanding effort to deter illegal immigration and combat the ongoing crisis at the border.
The Department of Homeland Security started running flights from Tucson, Ariz., to Guadalajara in December. Officials say the migrants being returned are all Mexican nationals from non-border Mexican states who typically have either recently illegally entered the U.S., or who had gone through the court system but were ruled to be deportable by an immigration judge.
The article goes on to state the following:
The plan marks a departure from past practice of releasing migrants at the border. The idea would be to make it harder for repeat offenders to try and cross the border again if they are returned hundreds of miles away. Officials say returning people closer to their hometowns is better for them as well, and allows them to receive services from the Mexican government.
The report states that DHS plans to return about 250 migrants per week.
Wheels up to Yuma, Arizona. Very happy to see the decision from the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals. We will continue to build the wall for the American people. pic.twitter.com/hLLefCReiM
— Acting Secretary Chad Wolf (@DHS_Wolf) January 9, 2020
Yesterday @CBP & @ICEgov began repatriating Mexican nationals to Guadalajara. Interior repatriation removes migrants from the smuggling cycle and reduces the likelihood of repeated illegal reentry. It’s another initiative that restores integrity to our immigration system. pic.twitter.com/koBzySEvs4
— Acting Commissioner Mark Morgan (@CBPMarkMorgan) December 21, 2019
Starting today, Mexican nationals who attempt to cross the border illegally may be repatriated into the interior of Mexico. This reduces the likelihood of repeat attempts and further restores integrity into our immigration system. https://t.co/H1CcRGMXw6 pic.twitter.com/jEdImNf64Y
— CBP (@CBP) December 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- WHY DO THIS TO TRUMP? Fox News Poll reveals anti-Trump sentiment
- HYPOCRISY: Dems seeking to impeach Trump for blocking aid to Ukraine, voted against the same thing
- GOT TO SEE: Joy Villa shocks liberals with Pro-Trump dress at Grammys
- VIDEO: Schiff scoffs at GOP calls for his testimony in impeachment trial
- REPORT: Schiff fires back at Trump: ‘What are you hiding?’
- VIDEO: Schiff says Trump tweet is ‘intended to be’ a threat
- REPORT: Trump rips Chuck Todd for ‘softball’ Schiff interview
- VIDEO: Dershowitz speaks out on case Democrats laid out in Senate trial
- REPORT: 2020 hopeful celebrates after qualifying poll puts him back on Democratic debate stage
- UPDATE: FIFTH coronavirus case now confirmed in US; infection can spread before symptoms show