REPORT: Trump administration rolls back Obama era labor rule
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The White House has formally rolled back one of the Obama administration’s most ambitious attempts to rewrite federal labor law to benefit unions, the so-called joint employer rule.
The Obama administration had sought to make franchiser corporations such as McDonald’s legally responsible for workplace violations by their franchisees, even if the later were legally independent businesses. The previous administration based this on the theory that a corporation was a “joint employer” with the other company even if the former only had “indirect control” over the latter company’s policies.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump administration has been working to roll back the “joint employer” rule since President Trump took office. The Labor Department on Sunday issued an official rule that corporations were only liable when they had “direct control” over the other company’s policies. The administration clarified that to be joint employers, both businesses had to be able to: hire or fire an employee; have control over their work schedule; control the workers’ pay; and maintain the workers’ employment records.
On Sunday, the Trump administration said businesses should not be liable for violations by other companies if all they share is a corporate brand.
The Labor Secretary Eugene Scalia stated, “This final rule furthers President Trump’s successful, government-wide effort to address regulations that hinder the American economy and to promote economic growth.”
The White House has formally rolled back one of the Obama administration’s most ambitious attempts to rewrite federal labor law to benefit unions, the so-called joint employer rule.https://t.co/EhhHa0N9Hr
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) January 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- WHY DO THIS TO TRUMP? Fox News Poll reveals anti-Trump sentiment
- HYPOCRISY: Dems seeking to impeach Trump for blocking aid to Ukraine, voted against the same thing
- GOT TO SEE: Joy Villa shocks liberals with Pro-Trump dress at Grammys
- VIDEO: Schiff scoffs at GOP calls for his testimony in impeachment trial
- REPORT: Schiff fires back at Trump: ‘What are you hiding?’
- VIDEO: Schiff says Trump tweet is ‘intended to be’ a threat
- REPORT: Trump rips Chuck Todd for ‘softball’ Schiff interview
- VIDEO: Dershowitz speaks out on case Democrats laid out in Senate trial
- REPORT: 2020 hopeful celebrates after qualifying poll puts him back on Democratic debate stage
- UPDATE: FIFTH coronavirus case now confirmed in US; infection can spread before symptoms show