REPORT: Trump administration expected to announce exit from ‘Open Skies’ treaty
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
Washington (CNN) — The Trump administration is expected to soon announce that it plans to exit the “Open Skies” treaty, a US official tells CNN, a move that has already drawn condemnation from Democrats in Congress.
The treaty, which was signed in 1992 and went into effect in 2002, allows 34 member states to conduct unarmed surveillance flights over one another’s territories. According to the State Department, the treaty “is designed to enhance mutual understanding and confidence by giving all participants, regardless of size, a direct role in gathering information through aerial imaging on military forces and activities of concern to them.”
The article goes on to state the following:
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s Husband Shares Powerful Photo Reminding People Where Her Loyalties Lie
- BREAKING: GOP congressman who is considering Trump impeachment announces retirement [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton pulls out of women’s event after learning who else was going to speak
- EXCLUSIVE: Identity revealed of wounded veteran who Trump saluted at Texas rally [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
- REPORT: Commentator says Elijah Cummings death was God’s revenge for taking on Trump
- VIDEO: 2016 Trump GOP Challenger Comes Out for Impeachment; The Left Reacts
- REPORT: Barbra Streisand shares VIOLENT cartoon of Pelosi and Trump
- BREAKING: Trump makes major announcement about Doral resort hosting G-7
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama ambassador being investigated for monitoring Trump allies, journalists