REPORT: Trump abortion referral rule survives demands for emergency halt
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
(Reuters) – A federal appeals court on Thursday rejected emergency bids to temporarily set aside its recent decision allowing the Trump administration to enforce a “gag rule” that could strip Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers of federal funding for family planning.
By a 7-4 vote, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals let stand its June 20 decision lifting injunctions blocking enforcement of the rule, which makes clinics ineligible for Title X family planning funds if they provide abortion referrals.
The article goes on to state the following:
An emergency stay had been sought by some abortion rights advocates, including Planned Parenthood, and by 20 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.
“Crushing news from the Ninth Circuit: the illegal, dangerous, and unethical Title X gag rule can go into effect across the country,” tweeted Planned Paernthoo Action. “This is what taking away birth control & other health care, and allowing the government to censor doctors and nurses looks like.”
— Mark Hemingway (@Heminator) July 11, 2019
BREAKING: The Ninth Circuit just refused to block the Title X gag rule, meaning it can go into effect and endanger birth control, cancer screenings, and other essential care for millions. This is devastating. #ProtectX
— Planned Parenthood (@PPFA) July 11, 2019
Crushing news from the Ninth Circuit: the illegal, dangerous, and unethical Title X gag rule can go into effect across the country.
— Planned Parenthood Action (@PPact) July 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Democrats Kill GOP Effort to Censure Schiff
- VIDEO: Trump holds Cabinet meeting on Syria, impeachment inquiry and more [WATCH HERE]
- REPORT: Pelosi Should Be President, Not That ‘Whore’ Trump, Singer Declares
- POLL: Is Hillary Clinton gearing up for another run for the Oval Office?
- REPORT: Democrats introduce ‘SWAMP’ Act to restrict Trump’s meetings with foreign leaders
- VIDEO: Sanders makes big declaration about Ocasio-Cortez’ future in his administration
- REPORT: GOP Congressmen Send Letter To CNN CEO For Refusing To Air Trump Campaign Ads
- REPORT: READ: Pelosi’s ‘fact sheet’ on Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Fox News’ Wallace Wants to ‘Smear and Cause Trouble’ with Anonymous Impeachment Claim, Former Colleague Accuses
- VIDEO: Daily Mail: Ilhan Omar and Boyfriend Share Nights at ‘Secret’ D.C. Apartment