REPORT: Top State Department official arrives to testify in impeachment probe
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A senior State Department official arrived in the Capitol on Wednesday to testify in the Democrats’ impeachment investigation, bucking a White House that has vowed to offer no cooperation in the fast-moving inquiry.
David Hale, the under secretary of State for political affairs, is expected to provide insights into the campaign by President Trump and some of his allies to remove Marie Yovanovitch from her post as U.S. ambassador to Ukraine — a move that infuriated many department veterans, who have expressed concerns that the agency’s top brass did too little to protect a career diplomat from White House interference.
The article goes on to state the following:
Hale arrived in the Capitol shortly before the start of Wednesday’s 9 a.m. deposition in the Capitol basement, where the three committees leading the impeachment investigation — Intelligence, Oversight and Foreign Affairs — have been conducting their closed-door interviews.
Third highest ranking State dept official David Hale arrived for his deposition in the impeachment inquiry. Six other scheduled depos this week, Hale is the 1st to show up
— Ali Zaslav (@alizaslav) November 6, 2019
NEW: David Hale, the US undersecretary of State for political affairs, has broken string of no-shows this week for impeachment inquiry testimony. https://t.co/FkG3tjRVyz
— NBC News (@NBCNews) November 6, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: NYPD commissioner shares video of cops finding bricks left for looters
- BREAKING: Senate votes on House-passed Paycheck Protection Program reform bill
- BREAKING: Pelosi says House will soon announce sweeping police reform legislation
- REPORT: Democrats ask for investigation of DOJ decision to drop Flynn case [READ LETTER]
- TRUMP TWEETS: Rips into Sen. Lisa Murkowski with fire and fury!
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral
- BREAKING: Shock report on jobs for May, economists floored
- WATCH LIVE: Trump holds press conference on JOBS report as stock indexes surge; see Trump’s celebratory tweets
- REPORT: Minnesota provides STAGGERING estimate of damage from George Floyd protests
- BREAKING: Court blocks White House from suspending reporter for INCREDIBLE reason