REPORT: Top Republican reveals what Trump said about budget fix for VA health care
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump on Wednesday signaled that he won’t oppose a Senate plan to allow some Veterans Affairs health care funding to be exempted from budget caps.
Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), the chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, met with Trump and their staff at the White House to discuss how to fund the government, as senators prepare to start working on bills as soon as next month.
The article goes on to state the following:
Shelby said on Wednesday that they were planning to move forward with that plan after the president said he would be “neutral” on how Congress addressed the VA funding hole.
“He said he was okay. He said he understood the problem,” Shelby said. ‘That he’d be neutral, in other words, [on] whatever we did on this. So that’s where we’re going to try to do.”
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Dallas business owner trying to defend store beaten and stoned by rioters – DML responds
- BREAKING: Historic church near White House set on fire by rioters [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton launches accusation at Trump about ‘calling for violence’
- Daily Deal: Miracle Me Mini
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’
- VIDEO: Minnesota governor makes announcement authorizing National Guard
- REPORT: Police make terrible discovery at former home of couple arrested in abuse case
- VIDEO: Dozens of volunteers descend on Minneapolis to clean up after riots