REPORT: Top Mueller deputy leaving office in sign Russia probe may be finally winding down
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A top prosecutor investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible ties between President Trump’s campaign and Moscow is reportedly leaving special counsel Robert Mueller’s office and the Department of Justice (DOJ). NPR, citing two unidentified sources, reported Thursday that Andrew Weissmann will teach at New York University and work on public service projects.
The article goes on to state the following:
The network reported that the departure is a sign that Mueller and his team are nearing the end of their work.
Weissmann, a top lieutenant to Mueller in the probe, took the lead in the case against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort. Manafort faces 7 1/2 years in prison after he was sentenced by a federal judge in Virginia last week and a federal judge in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Deaths of Ferguson activists lead some to believe something sinister is at play
- REPORT: Trump could be struck off 2020 ballots in Washington
- OpEd: Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News
- REPORT: ANOTHER state passes bill to give their Electoral College votes to popular vote winner
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway responds to her husbands tweets about President Trump
- REPORT: DML responds to Ilhan Omar after she hits back at Trump
- REPORT: Trump’s disapproval rating slides to lowest point in network poll
- VIDEO: ‘The Five’ roasts Beto O’Rourke over hand gestures
- REPORT: Mike Pompeo jokes about Trump firing him
- VIDEO: Protesters descend on Tucker Carlson’s neighborhood