REPORT: Top Mueller deputy leaving office in sign Russia probe may be finally winding down
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A top prosecutor investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible ties between President Trump’s campaign and Moscow is reportedly leaving special counsel Robert Mueller’s office and the Department of Justice (DOJ). NPR, citing two unidentified sources, reported Thursday that Andrew Weissmann will teach at New York University and work on public service projects.
The article goes on to state the following:
The network reported that the departure is a sign that Mueller and his team are nearing the end of their work.
Weissmann, a top lieutenant to Mueller in the probe, took the lead in the case against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort. Manafort faces 7 1/2 years in prison after he was sentenced by a federal judge in Virginia last week and a federal judge in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: 2020 candidate: There’s “no question” Trump faked a disability to avoid Vietnam war
- REPORT: The Obamas are worth 30 times more than when they entered the White House their millions
- Media cries over Pelosi video
- CLAIM: Martin Luther King Jr had 40 affairs and laughed as friend raped woman
- POLL: Should illegal alien get the death penalty
- Police are searching for a missing 5-year-old Utah girl. They said the case won’t end well
- Woman dies, 10 officers hurt when vehicles crash in Chicago
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton: Donald Trump ‘Running Scared’ from Nancy Pelosi
- Video: Fox News host Jeanine Pirro says Nancy Pelosi needs “an intervention” and is “batty”
- REPORT: Playboy model is chased out of ultra-orthodox Jewish area in New York