REPORT: Top GOP Senator blames ‘AWOL’ Congress for continued border crisis
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A senior Republican senator on Tuesday said Congress is to blame for the continued surge of migrants arriving at the southern border each month and for the beleaguered state that border officials are in as they try to process families, unaccompanied children, and single adults.
“We have been AWOL, and that’s shameful,” Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Border Security and Immigration, said during a hearing on the issue Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“There’s absolutely no justification whatsoever for Congress to sit on the sidelines and watch as this crisis continues to unfold,” said Cornyn. “It’s just getting worse and worse as Congress sits on its hands and does absolutely nothing to give you the tools you need in order to stop this crisis and to address it. And that’s shameful.”
“We have been AWOL and that’s shameful. There’s absolutely no justification whatsoever for Congress to sit on the sidelines and watch as this crisis continues to unfold.” @JohnCornyn calls out his colleagues on their inaction during the border crisis.https://t.co/f9PszqnUvO
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 11, 2019
No thanks to Democrats, who are AWOL on the border crisis. https://t.co/gkX6hJLJID
— Senator John Cornyn (@JohnCornyn) June 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch discusses the homeless crisis in America and premiers 15-min of his new film on the subject in the video below. Watch:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- REPORT: Warren draws crowd of 12,000 in surge reminiscent of Trump’s ‘surprising momentum’ in 2016
- VIDEO: Conservative actor declares Trump the ‘greatest president of this century’
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: White House spokesman rips into media for refusing ‘to call out anti-Semitism’