REPORT: Top Dem lawmaker: ‘Impeachment not worthwhile’ after seeing Mueller report
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said Thursday that nothing he saw in special counsel Robert Mueller’s report would make seeking to impeach President Trump a “worthwhile” effort “at this point.”
Hoyer made the remarks to CNN’s Dana Bash following the Justice Department’s release of Mueller’s partially-redacted findings in his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Based on what we have seen to date, going forward on impeachment is not worthwhile at this point,” Hoyer told CNN. “Very frankly, there is an election in 18 months and the American people will make a judgement.”
House Majority @LeaderHoyer just told me : “Based on what we have seen to date, going forward on impeachment is not worthwhile at this point. Very frankly, there is an election in 18 months and the American people will make a judgement,”
— Dana Bash (@DanaBashCNN) April 18, 2019
House Judiciary Committee chairman Jerry Nadler, meanwhile, still claimed that impeachment is a possibility.
Rep. Jerry Nadler on impeachment: “That’s one possibility. There are others. We obviously have to get to the bottom of what happened and take whatever action seems necessary at that time. It’s too early to reach those conclusions.” https://t.co/KG9A69vX5y pic.twitter.com/mYdBOFlhKv
— The Hill (@thehill) April 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds after Trump orders declassification of surveillance documents
- REPORT: Schiff lambasts Trump’s order to intel agencies to cooperate with Barr probe
- BREAKING: Trump strikes, orders declassification of documents, cooperation with Barr
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s move to declassify documents related to the surveillance of his campaign?
- BREAKING: Facebook announces decision on viral doctored Pelosi video
- REPORT: Pelosi’s daughter launches Twitterstorm, rips altered videos
- REPORT: Edward Snowden issues statement after Julian Assange charged with espionage
- REPORT: Mother and twin daughters starved to death in apartment
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records