REPORT: Tlaib tweets complaint about lack of support from Dem leadership
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) expressed frustration over how Democratic leadership is handling criticism of Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), saying freshman congresswomen are “ignored” when they speak up about issues that are important to them.
“They put us in photos when they want to show our party is diverse,” she tweeted Saturday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“However, when we ask to be at the table, or speak up about issues that impact who we are, what we fight for & why we ran in the first place, we are ignored,” she continued, quote-tweeting a California state legislative staffer who criticized “The attacks on @IlhanMN and subsequent lack of support from Democratic leadership.”
They put us in photos when they want to show our party is diverse. However, when we ask to be at the table, or speak up about issues that impact who we are, what we fight for & why we ran in the first place, we are ignored. To truly honor our diversity is to never silence us. https://t.co/7T1OlwS1YG
— Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) April 13, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: The Border Wall Fight Just Got To The Supreme Court
- REPORT: Remains found in Oregon believed to be missing “Seinfeld” actor
- REPORT: Presidential candidate tells House Dems to ‘f–k off’ after attack on AOC’s ally
- BREAKING: Major development in deal between Trump and Guatemala
- REPORT: No sharing: Ilhan Omar says AOC ‘squad’ is ‘trying to grab’ power from leadership
- TWEET: Trump doubles down after telling Democratic congresswomen to ‘go back’ to their countries
- VIDEO: Area 51 expert warns what could happen if social media campaign to ‘storm’ top-secret site occurs
- POLL: Do you agree with Trump, should Rep Omar return to her home country
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar Questions the Patriotism of American-Born Citizens
- REPORT: Inside Epstein network, layer upon layer to protect the boss