REPORT: Tlaib Bucks Pelosi, Publishes Op-ed Calling for Impeachment
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D., Mich.) published an op-ed Wednesday saying “now is the time” to impeach President Donald Trump, the same week Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) balked at such an effort.
“Now is the time for impeachment,” Tlaib wrote for In These Times. “People in D.C. ask: What would it mean for our 2020 strategy? But I ask what it means for the people I grew up with, the residents of my district, and what it means for all of us, as Americans, to have Donald Trump remain our president.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Tlaib said in January, after her party took back the House majority, Democrats were going to “impeach the motherf—er.”
Tlaib laid out a list of perceived offenses and “racist actions” that merited impeachment—impeachment is not the same as removing the president—and took aim at politicians who were making “political calculations” rather than doing what she felt was right. Some observers feel Pelosi is providing cover for more moderate members of her caucus, who may represent districts where impeachment is unpopular.
“It is irresponsible for members of Congress to ignore these transgressions because of their political calculations or worries about 2020,” Tlaib wrote.
— In These Times (@inthesetimesmag) March 13, 2019
Tlaib Bucks Pelosi, Publishes Op-ed Saying ‘Now Is the Time for Impeachment’ https://t.co/dIL7QfspDF
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: 2020 candidate: There’s “no question” Trump faked a disability to avoid Vietnam war
- REPORT: The Obamas are worth 30 times more than when they entered the White House their millions
- Media cries over Pelosi video
- CLAIM: Martin Luther King Jr had 40 affairs and laughed as friend raped woman
- POLL: Should illegal alien get the death penalty
- Police are searching for a missing 5-year-old Utah girl. They said the case won’t end well
- Woman dies, 10 officers hurt when vehicles crash in Chicago
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton: Donald Trump ‘Running Scared’ from Nancy Pelosi
- Video: Fox News host Jeanine Pirro says Nancy Pelosi needs “an intervention” and is “batty”
- REPORT: Playboy model is chased out of ultra-orthodox Jewish area in New York