REPORT: Tlaib Bucks Pelosi, Publishes Op-ed Calling for Impeachment
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D., Mich.) published an op-ed Wednesday saying “now is the time” to impeach President Donald Trump, the same week Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) balked at such an effort.
“Now is the time for impeachment,” Tlaib wrote for In These Times. “People in D.C. ask: What would it mean for our 2020 strategy? But I ask what it means for the people I grew up with, the residents of my district, and what it means for all of us, as Americans, to have Donald Trump remain our president.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Tlaib said in January, after her party took back the House majority, Democrats were going to “impeach the motherf—er.”
Tlaib laid out a list of perceived offenses and “racist actions” that merited impeachment—impeachment is not the same as removing the president—and took aim at politicians who were making “political calculations” rather than doing what she felt was right. Some observers feel Pelosi is providing cover for more moderate members of her caucus, who may represent districts where impeachment is unpopular.
“It is irresponsible for members of Congress to ignore these transgressions because of their political calculations or worries about 2020,” Tlaib wrote.
— In These Times (@inthesetimesmag) March 13, 2019
Tlaib Bucks Pelosi, Publishes Op-ed Saying ‘Now Is the Time for Impeachment’ https://t.co/dIL7QfspDF
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Deaths of Ferguson activists lead some to believe something sinister is at play
- REPORT: Trump could be struck off 2020 ballots in Washington
- OpEd: Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News
- REPORT: ANOTHER state passes bill to give their Electoral College votes to popular vote winner
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway responds to her husbands tweets about President Trump
- REPORT: DML responds to Ilhan Omar after she hits back at Trump
- REPORT: Trump’s disapproval rating slides to lowest point in network poll
- VIDEO: ‘The Five’ roasts Beto O’Rourke over hand gestures
- REPORT: Mike Pompeo jokes about Trump firing him
- VIDEO: Protesters descend on Tucker Carlson’s neighborhood