REPORT: Tlaib blasts anti-BDS bill as ‘unconstitutional’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) took aim at a bill in the House Foreign Affairs Committee condemning the anti-Israel boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement, calling it “unconstitutional.”
The measure, H.R. 246, aims “to silence opposition of Israel’s blatantly racist policies that demonize both Palestinians & Ethiopians,” Tlaib, the first Palestinian-American member of Congress, tweeted Wednesday afternoon.
“[House Foreign Affairs Committee] wants to move forward w/ #HR246 #AntiBDS bill to silence opposition of Israel’s blatantly racist policies that demonize both Palestinians & Ethiopians,” Tlaib tweeted. “Our 1st Amd. right to free speech allows boycott of inhumane policies. This bill is unconstitutional.”
Our 1st Amd. right to free speech allows boycott of inhumane policies. This bill is unconstitutional. https://t.co/6VJUtBbogy
— Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) July 10, 2019
The article goes on to state the following:
The bill has 336 co-sponsors, including House Judiciary Committee ChairmanJerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal (D-Mass.), and House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.). It was co-written by Reps. Brad Schneider (D-Ill.) and Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.), the latter of whom is the only Jewish Republican in the House.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant