REPORT: Tlaib blasts anti-BDS bill as ‘unconstitutional’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) took aim at a bill in the House Foreign Affairs Committee condemning the anti-Israel boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement, calling it “unconstitutional.”
The measure, H.R. 246, aims “to silence opposition of Israel’s blatantly racist policies that demonize both Palestinians & Ethiopians,” Tlaib, the first Palestinian-American member of Congress, tweeted Wednesday afternoon.
“[House Foreign Affairs Committee] wants to move forward w/ #HR246 #AntiBDS bill to silence opposition of Israel’s blatantly racist policies that demonize both Palestinians & Ethiopians,” Tlaib tweeted. “Our 1st Amd. right to free speech allows boycott of inhumane policies. This bill is unconstitutional.”
Our 1st Amd. right to free speech allows boycott of inhumane policies. This bill is unconstitutional. https://t.co/6VJUtBbogy
— Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) July 10, 2019
The article goes on to state the following:
The bill has 336 co-sponsors, including House Judiciary Committee ChairmanJerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal (D-Mass.), and House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.). It was co-written by Reps. Brad Schneider (D-Ill.) and Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.), the latter of whom is the only Jewish Republican in the House.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Democrats Kill GOP Effort to Censure Schiff
- REPORT: Democrats introduce ‘SWAMP’ Act to restrict Trump’s meetings with foreign leaders
- REPORT: Pelosi Should Be President, Not That ‘Whore’ Trump, Singer Declares
- BREAKING: 2020 survey reveals Trump expands base, beating 3 of top four Dems, tied with one
- REPORT: Judge deals blow to Jussie Smollett
- VIDEO: Sanders makes big declaration about Ocasio-Cortez’ future in his administration
- VIDEO: McConnell speaks out on Trump lynching comment
- REPORT: Fox News’ Wallace Wants to ‘Smear and Cause Trouble’ with Anonymous Impeachment Claim, Former Colleague Accuses
- BREAKING: White House nixes Trump picks to take over DHS
- CLAIM: Top Democrats reconsidering 2020 bid for WH as Biden stumbles, Kellyanne Conway responds