REPORT: Theater company faced backlash after showing anti-abortion film
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A Canadian theater company defended their decision to screen Unplanned, a film about how a former Planned Parenthood clinic director quit her job after taking part in an abortion procedure, after calls for a boycott swirled on social media.
“I have been working in this business for well over 30 years and controversial films on the big screen are not new to me, to Cineplex or to the industry as a whole,” Cineplex president Ellis Jacob said in a statement. “That said, the decision to move forward with screenings of this particular film was a complicated one and it was not made easily or lightly. But as Canada’s largest film exhibition company, I am confident that it was the right decision for us, for you, and for our country.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Jacob pointed to how when he immigrated to Canada in 1969, the country did not not shy away from different view points and experiences.
“In this instance many of us will have to set aside our own personal beliefs and remember that living in a country that censors content, opinions and points of view because they are different from our own is not a country that any of us would want to live in,” Jacob said.
A Canadian theater company faced backlash after it showed a pro-choice film. https://t.co/4pvubSFEbk
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 9, 2019
— Yahoo Canada News (@YahooCanadaNews) July 9, 2019
More @CBCNews on the upcoming premiere in Canada of the film ‘Unplanned,’ based on the story of a Planned Parenthood clinic director in Texas who becomes an anti-abortion speaker. https://t.co/0TV1oEsM1Q
— CBC News Alerts (@CBCAlerts) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant