REPORT: The 12 Republican senators who defied Trump on emergency declaration
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Twelve Senate Republicans from different corners of the party banded together Thursday to deliver President Trump the biggest rebuke of his presidency, voting to disapprove of his emergency declaration for the Southern border.
The Republican rebels joined every single Senate Democrat in the chamber, who also voted to block Trump’s emergency declaration, which grants him access to $3.6 billion in military construction funding to build border barriers.
The article goes on to state the following:
In the end, the vote boiled down to an effort by GOP lawmakers to preserve their power of the purse, even though they agree with Trump’s desire to secure the border to halt the flow of drugs and illegal immigrants.
The 12 Republican senators who voted against Trump’s National Emergency Declaration are:
- Susan Collins (Maine)
- Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
- Rand Paul (Ky.)
- Mike Lee (Utah)
- Rob Portman (Ohio)
- Pat Toomey (Pa.)
- Lamar Alexander (Tenn.)
- Roy Blunt (Mo.)
- Mitt Romney (Utah)
- Marco Rubio (Fla.)
- Jerry Moran (Kan.)
- Roger Wicker (Miss.)
— The Hill (@thehill) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- Teachers allegedly told to treat black students as ‘victims’, ‘punish’ whites
- TRUMP TWEETS: Warner, Rolling Thunder, Obama-appointed judge, Smollett, Kim Jong Un and more!
- CLAIM: Martin Luther King Jr had 40 affairs and laughed as friend raped woman
- 1 dead, 12 wounded in Memorial Day weekend gun violence
- POLL: Should illegal alien get the death penalty
- Media cries over Pelosi video
- Trump Opens Tokyo Visit With a Tweet Sure to Unnerve the Japanese
- REPORT: The Obamas are worth 30 times more than when they entered the White House their millions
- Police are searching for a missing 5-year-old Utah girl. They said the case won’t end well
- EXCLUSIVE: Dem presidential candidate says US flag not sacred – here’s our answer [PHOTO]