REPORT: Texas Paper Calls For Beto To Drop Out of Dem 2020 Race
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
A Houston paper said Monday that Democratic 2020 hopeful Beto O’Rourke should abandon his “vanishingly small” presidential hopes and “come home” to run for a Senate spot.
The Houston Chronicle editorial implored the candidate, a former Texas representative for Texas’ 16th District from 2013-2019, to drop out of the race to focus on state priorities, including how to grapple with the recent mass shooting in El Paso that killed 20, according to the article.
The article goes on to state the following:
The paper asked O’Rourke to change the direction of his campaign and move toward the U.S. Senate instead of merely dropping his presidential bid.
“So Beto, if you’re listening: Come home. Drop out of the race for president and come back to Texas to run for senator. The chances of winning the race you’re in now are vanishingly small. And Texas needs you,” the editorial concluded.
Houston Chronicle’s weekend editorial: “Beto, come home, Texas needs you.” https://t.co/zy2fM8YWNU
— Allison Gordon (@alligordon_) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- REPORT: Pelosi claims to know why multiple Republicans are retiring
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?
- REPORT: Union County high school teacher reportedly told students VP Pence should be ‘shot in the head’
- REPORT: Trooper Attacked, Left With Serious Facial Injuries After Routine Traffic Stop
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- REPORT: Even baby boomers are way behind on retirement savings