REPORT: Texas man shot dead after pointing fake gun at police
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Police say officers fatally shot a 33-year-old North Texas man after he pointed a gun at them that was later found to be fake.
The shooting happened Saturday at a RaceTrac convenience store in the Dallas suburb of Carrollton. A police statement says officers responded to a report of a man armed with a gun passed out in his car.
The article goes on to state the following:
Police say they repeatedly tried to awaken the man with a loudspeaker. After that failed, officers protecting themselves with ballistic shields approached, opened the car door and roused him.
Police shot the man after he raised exited the car and raised the fake gun toward officers, authorities say.
Man killed in officer-involved shooting in Carrollton, police say https://t.co/3AwEkLpAu1
— Dallas Morning News (@dallasnews) October 6, 2019
“North Texas Man Points Fake Gun at Police, Shot Dead” by The Associated Press via NYT https://t.co/jGrn34nHlW
— Deonna Fehn (@deonnain) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Democrats name Cummings replacement for acting chair of House Oversight Committee
- VIDEO: Pelosi: ‘The Voters Are Not Going to Decide’
- BREAKING: Sondland to throw Trump under the bus in congress testimony, reports say
- TRUMP TWEET: Releases statement on death of Elijah Cummings
- BREAKING: Democrat Congressman Elijah Cummings dies suddenly
- VIDEO: Women for Trump hold marches in DC, across the nation, bus line leaves many stranded
- REPORT: Justice becomes first to break new two-minute rule as Supreme Court hears immigration case
- VIDEO: Network Falsely Claims White House ‘Admits to Quid Pro Quo’ with Ukraine
- REPORT: Democrat-Controlled House Passed Bill with ‘Quid Pro Quo’ on Election Interference
- VIDEO: Scalise: People should be alarmed by how Pelosi, Schiff trying to impeach Trump