REPORT: Texas father thwarted son’s attempt to commit mass shooting
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A Texas father foiled a potential mass shooting last week after he informed Fort Wayne police that his son was allegedly trying to purchase guns to commit a mass shooting.
Police spokesperson Officer Buddy Calzada said that a 27-year-old white male professed his desire to “kill as many” people as he could after a series of mass shootings in the state, The Fort Worth Star-Telegraph reported Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“He made multiple statements to officers indicating he was going to harm many people, kill as many as he could, go to Midland-Odessa and kill people,” Calzada said.
The report states that the father called police last week and informed them his son had withdrawn money from the bank in order to buy guns. After failing to pass a background check at several businesses, he then attempted to buy a gun off the street.
Police stated the man is already known by them, has mental issues, and is now receiving treatment at a mental health care facility.
Potential mass shooting thwarted after father calls 9-1-1, Fort Worth police say https://t.co/QeE33SuKBK
— Fort Worth Star-Telegram (@startelegram) September 10, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- BREAKING: Medical examiner issues statement on George Floyd cause of death
- Daily Deal: Miracle Me Mini
- DML LIVE: Where’s Obama’s call for violence to stop? [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Deputy accidentally shoots colleague responding to a call
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Video shows moment woman threw Molotov cocktail at NYPD car
- REPORT: Calls for de Blasio to resign trend on Twitter after comments on NYPD
- REPORT: Here are the times President Barack Obama played golf on Memorial Day weekends