REPORT: Texas father thwarted son’s attempt to commit mass shooting
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A Texas father foiled a potential mass shooting last week after he informed Fort Wayne police that his son was allegedly trying to purchase guns to commit a mass shooting.
Police spokesperson Officer Buddy Calzada said that a 27-year-old white male professed his desire to “kill as many” people as he could after a series of mass shootings in the state, The Fort Worth Star-Telegraph reported Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“He made multiple statements to officers indicating he was going to harm many people, kill as many as he could, go to Midland-Odessa and kill people,” Calzada said.
The report states that the father called police last week and informed them his son had withdrawn money from the bank in order to buy guns. After failing to pass a background check at several businesses, he then attempted to buy a gun off the street.
Police stated the man is already known by them, has mental issues, and is now receiving treatment at a mental health care facility.
Potential mass shooting thwarted after father calls 9-1-1, Fort Worth police say https://t.co/QeE33SuKBK
— Fort Worth Star-Telegram (@startelegram) September 10, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Ryan Costello Dead: MLB Prospect’s Final Tweet Concerned His Health
- BREAKING: Supreme Court takes action on House subpoena of Trump financial records
- REPORT: Trump rips into Pence aide who called Ukraine call ‘inappropriate’
- BREAKING: Three dead after shooting spree at Oklahoma Walmart
- VIDEO: GOP Rep. says impeachment hearings should be postponed due to new development
- BREAKING: Pompeo announces reversal of Obama policy on Israel [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Biden Says Americans Can Handle ‘Eight Years Of Donald Trump’
- VIDEO: Eddie Gallagher speaks out after Trump orders his Naval rank restored
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- REPORT: Navy SEAL slams Biden for attacking Trump’s military pardons