REPORT: Texas father thwarted son’s attempt to commit mass shooting
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A Texas father foiled a potential mass shooting last week after he informed Fort Wayne police that his son was allegedly trying to purchase guns to commit a mass shooting.
Police spokesperson Officer Buddy Calzada said that a 27-year-old white male professed his desire to “kill as many” people as he could after a series of mass shootings in the state, The Fort Worth Star-Telegraph reported Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“He made multiple statements to officers indicating he was going to harm many people, kill as many as he could, go to Midland-Odessa and kill people,” Calzada said.
The report states that the father called police last week and informed them his son had withdrawn money from the bank in order to buy guns. After failing to pass a background check at several businesses, he then attempted to buy a gun off the street.
Police stated the man is already known by them, has mental issues, and is now receiving treatment at a mental health care facility.
Potential mass shooting thwarted after father calls 9-1-1, Fort Worth police say https://t.co/QeE33SuKBK
— Fort Worth Star-Telegram (@startelegram) September 10, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- VIDEO: The View slams Julián Castro’s ‘ageism’
- REPORT: Morning Joe’s Mika suggests Trump isn’t Barron’s father
- VIDEO: A Florida man disappeared in 1997. Google Earth just revealed his fate.
- BREAKING: Schiff subpoenas acting Trump intelligence chief over ‘credible’ whistleblower complaint
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?