REPORT: Texas community responds to demand to remove courthouse crosses by doing this
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A small town an hour north of Houston, Texas is defying an outside group’s demand to take down a Courthouse cross with one simple act.
After the Wisconsin-based Freedom From Religion Foundation complained that four crosses on the San Jacinto County Courthouse violated the Constitution and should be taken down immediately, the community rallied, Texas-style.
The article goes on to state the following:
Hundreds gathered at a town hall and voiced their support for the crosses before county officials unanimously voted last week to keep them on the building.
Resident Cloresa Porter said “the devil is alive” and “political correctness is a one-way ticket to Hell.”
Local preacher Terry Holcomb got a standing ovation when he delivered a message to the Freedom From Religion Foundation, telling them to: “Go suck a tailpipe.”
Dwayne Wright, chairman of the local Republican Party, posted a photo showing the town’s act of defiance.
“THIS is how we roll in San Jacinto County!” Wright wrote on Facebook. “Not only did we not cower to the Wisconsin Whiners, we Lit Them Up!”
“We want to make it clear that your county may display historical religious symbols, like crosses, without violating the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.” – First Assistant Attorney General Mateer https://t.co/blCBdB3K33
— Texas Attorney General (@TXAG) May 9, 2019
We’ll fight for you in court: That is what the Texas attorney general is telling San Jacinto County after county leaders voted to maintain crosses at their courthouse over the threats of an atheist group. https://t.co/eaaZ8BjMLl
— ProvidenceFoundation (@Providencefndtn) May 10, 2019
After the Wisconsin-based Freedom From Religion Foundation complained that four crosses on the San Jacinto County Courthouse violated the Constitution and should be taken down immediately, the community rallied, Texas-style.🇺🇲⛪🤣https://t.co/G11Tj0Zs3b
— ArslinguaFuat (@arslingua) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: McConnell: Trump is ‘on to something’
- VIDEO: AOC, Ilhan Omar roll out new label for President Trump
- REPORT: Does this photo prove Trump tormentor’s marriage a sham? Omar with husbands
- VIDEO: Elijah Cummings goes ballistic at DHS head during hearing
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton slams Trump rally: ‘The time has come again’
- BREAKING: Senator hospitalized after fall
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy: ‘Nobody cares what Congress does … ‘
- REPORT: New hashtag for Ilhan Omar starts trending after crowd at Trump rally chants ‘Send her back’
- REPORT: How Ilhan Omar tried to shut down rumors she married her BROTHER
- VIDEO: Pro-impeachment Dem walks off live CNN interview: ‘I have to run’