REPORT: Task force coordinator makes announcement on ‘breakthrough’ coronavirus test kits
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The coronavirus task force response coordinator said Monday that new self-swab coronavirus tests will become available later this week.
“There was a breakthrough today for those of you waiting for ‘self-swabbing’ options. Those are going to be available some time later this week to be able for individuals to do their own test,” Deborah Birx said during Monday’s White House press briefing.
The article goes on to state the following:
So far, over 250,000 people have been given coronavirus tests and have received their results, but there is still a widespread shortage of diagnostic tests. Self-swab tests would allow people to use a nasal swab while in their homes self-isolating. They would then bring the sample to a clinic or drive-through test site and receive their results that same day.
Vice President Mike Pence said, “This will expedite the testing process, of course, but it will also reduce the risk to healthcare providers for exposure to the coronavirus and it’ll minimize the drain on personal protective equipment.”
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 23, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Costco announces change to its membership policy
- BREAKING: ‘Star Wars’ actor dies from Covid-19
- REPORT: Stunning graphs predict when COVID-19 deaths, needs will peak in every state
- UPDATE: Gov. Cuomo speaks on brother’s coronavirus diagnosis
- REPORT: US coronavirus death toll doubles in 3 days
- REPORT: McConnell halts economic stimulus package talks
- FOX NEWS: Doctor reveals results of promising drug that may help treat COVID19 (video)
- VIDEO: Rachel Maddow’s attempt to slam Trump over hospital ships backfires
- BREAKING: Appeals Court issues ruling on Texas abortion ban during COVID-19 pandemic
- TRUMP TWEET: Taunts Nancy Pelosi about MSNBC interview [VIDEO]